Re: st: Measures of fit in clogit

From   "TANIGUCHI, Naoko" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Measures of fit in clogit
Date   Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:26:07 -0500

Dear Clive Nicholas;

Thank you very much for your helpful advice!  Your insights are almost
perfect, and I agree with your interpretation.

Yes, I just try to compare the fit of 2 models which are very similar
to each other.  Depending on Scott and Freese (2001)  Regression Models
for Categorical Dependent Variables Using STATA, pp.82-87, I searched
for a good measure of for clogit.

The count R square seems good because it is said that it can describe
'the proportion of correct prediction (i.e. the correct predicted vote
/ the observed vote).  But this measure seem contradict to others.

Model A

McFadden's R2:                 0.297     McFadden's Adj R2:             0.281
Maximum Likelihood R2:         0.615     Cragg & Uhler's R2:            0.615
Count R2:                      0.538

Model B

McFadden's R2:                 0.292     McFadden's Adj R2:             0.276
Maximum Likelihood R2:         0.609     Cragg & Uhler's R2:            0.609
Count R2:                      0.557

McFadden's R2, Maximum Likelihood R2,and Cragg & Uhler's R2 in the model A
are better than those in the model B.  But only Count R2 says the model
B is slightly superior to the other.  I know your interpretation that these
two models made little difference still right....

Thank you!

Naoko Taniguchi