st: RE: RE: Forcing stata to use a non-updated command

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Forcing stata to use a non-updated command
Date   Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:29:37 -0000

You have Stata 7, it seems.

It is difficult for me to understand why you
think that any changes to Stata 8 would affect
your files. You would need to get hold of
the files yourself and put them on top
of the Stata 7 files. Presumably you
would remember doing that. You cannot,
through a direct -update-, get hold of Stata
files for a later release than that you have
installed. There are lots of good reasons for
that.

As said, Stata 7 was frozen the instant
that Stata 8 was released. I cannot
comment in detail on your assertion
that you are getting different results.
It is possible that -- within Stata 7 --
you were using an earlier -xtabond-
and then -update-d so that -xtabond-
of 24 Sept 2002 was the one you
were using, or there was some change