RE: st: Corrupt display of helpfiles in the Viewer

From   "Jann, Ben" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Corrupt display of helpfiles in the Viewer
Date   Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:12:54 +0100

I am sorry for having confused things here. Chris just told
me that there "appears to be a typo in markup of the jmp.hlp
file, somewhere after the 'Examples' title". Thus, I just took
a wild guess...

By the way, there is nothing wrong with using {com} (although I
can't find it documented; I guess it's a substitute for {inp},
is it?). The Examples section should have been:

----------------------------------
{title:Examples}

{p 4 4 2} Decomposition of the gender wage gap using the
residuals/prices
of the male model as benchmark:

        {com}. regress lnwage educ exp exp2 if sex==1
        . estimates store male
        . regress lnwage educ exp exp2 if sex==2
        . estimates store female
        . jmp male female, statistics(mean median)
        {txt}

{p 4 4 2} ... subdividing the quantity effect Q between education and
experience:

        {com}. jmp male female, blocks(educ=educ, exp=exp*)
        {txt}

{p 4 4 2} ... using a the average residual distribution and the prices
of
a pooled model as benchmark:

        {com}. regress lnwage educ exp exp2 if sex==1 | sex==2
        . jmp male female, ref(.)
        {txt}

I personaly use the White Background scheme in the viewer and results
window, thus I did not notice the mistake. The jmp help file will be
updated on SSC as soon as possible.

ben