st: RE: RE: Controlling markers (symbols) for median and bar lines in-dotplot-

From   Joseph Coveney <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Controlling markers (symbols) for median and bar lines in-dotplot-
Date   Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:43:08 +0900

Nick Cox wrote:

To all watching, and I am pretty sure Scott
would agree, my advice is to do this on
a clone of -dotplot-, not -dotplot- itself.

And be sure to rename the program defined in the second line of the ado-file to
match name of your clone, for example, if you choose dotplot2 (the less-than-
original name that I used), then the second line becomes -program define
dotplot2, rclass sort-.  The modified clone should go into your personal ado-
file directory, as well.  (Type -adopath- from within Stata if you don't know
where your personal ado-file directory is.)

Also note that there is another program defined later on in the code,
-Xoffset-.  If you use the official -dotplot- and then try to use -dotplot2-
(by whatever name), or vice versa, you'll need to -program drop Xoffset- in
between.  Or else add -capture program drop Xoffset- to the modified clone.

Joseph Coveney