st: Longitudinal two-part model (MIXCORR in SAS)

From   Daniel Chandler <[email protected]>
To   StataList <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Longitudinal two-part model (MIXCORR in SAS)
Date   Sun, 23 Jan 2005 17:23:27 -0800

In the past I have used two-part models to deal with distributions having a
high proportion of "true" zeroes. I understand that a two-part model has now
been extended to random effects longitudinal models in a way which also
allow the possibility of correlation in the logistic and linear random
coefficients. Tooze et al have developed a SAS macro called MIXCORR to do
this and Muthen and Muthen have implemented a similar model in Mplus.  My
understanding is that gllamm could handle such models, but in reviewing the
manual it was not apparent to me how. I have been unable to find this
specific topic in the statalist archives. Has anyone had experience using
gllamm for such models (either with cross-sectional or longitudinal data) or
has anyone adapted the MIXCORR macro to Stata?

Thanks very much.

[The Tooze approach is described in: Tooze, AJ, Grunwald, GK, Jones, RH
(2002). Analysis of repeated measures data with clumping at zero.
Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 11, 341-355.]

Dan Chandler

*******
436 Old Wagon Road
Trinidad, CA 95570