Re: st: Mann-whitney U test

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Mann-whitney U test
Date   Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:25:18 -0800 (PST)

Thank Roger. I am familiar with this program and I
have used it before. So the test really test both
hypotheses: that the difference between the median is
zero, and that the degree of non-overlap of the two
populations is zero. i.e. whether the degree of
overlap between the two populations is significantly
different than would be expected by chance alone. Is
this correct?

Thank you,
Ricardo.

=====