st: Predict command after a poisson model?

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Predict command after a poisson model?
Date   Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:51:18 +0100

Dear All,

A Poisson model was established to explain the outcome (= diarrhoea episode /
total observation time) with 8 explanatory variables.

After running our model we get the effects, the IRR (the incidence rate ratios),
etc. Among our variables is a categorical variable (say X1) with 3 categories
(say 1, 2, 3), with 3 as the reference category.

First we wish to predict the outcome for a single observation. What is the Stata
command for this.

Secondly we wish to predict the mean outcome for X1 = 1, irrespective of the
values of the other variables. What is the command for this.

best wishes and many thanks!

Wilson Sama
Swiss Tropical Institute
Socinstrasse 57, CH-4002, Basel, Switzerland
Email:  [email protected],  [email protected]
Tel: Institute: +41 61 284 8282
     Mobile:    +41 78 644 9402
     Fax        +41 61 284 8105