st: Weinberg's model for the analysis of genetic data from triads

From   "Cleves, Mario A" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Weinberg's model for the analysis of genetic data from triads
Date   Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:15:32 -0600

Dear Statalist,

For anyone interested in Weinberg's et al. log-linear model for the
analysis of genetic data from triads (father, mother, and affected
proband), I have written a Stata program which incorporates many of the
features from the original and subsequent papers. The program,
-genecmt-, uses an expectation-maximization (EM) algorithm so that
triads with one or both parents missing can contribute their information
to the analysis.

In the future I plan to add more options including parent-of-origin
effect and a more comprehensive parameterization of
maternal-fetal-genotype incompatibilities ala Sinsheimer et al.  For
now, if you are interested in the program it is available at my website
www.biostat-resources.com. You can download it from within STATA using
the commands:

net from http://www.biostat-resources.com/stata/
net install genecmt

Please feel free to email me; I welcome any comments, suggestions or
improvements to this program.

Regards,
Mario.

Mario A. Cleves, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Senior Biostatistician
Department of Pediatrics
UAMS College of Medicine
Arkansas Center for Birth Defects Research and Prevention
11219 Financial Centre Parkway, Suite 250
Little Rock, AR  72211
Telephone: 501-364-5001
Fax: 501-364-5107
Email: [email protected]

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.