st: update problem

From   "Barbara Hamilton" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: update problem
Date   Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:13:58 -0500

Hi Statalisters:

Over the last week or so, I have been trying to update my STATA.  I did
update query and update all was the outcome, so I have tried this many
times.  It seems to bog out on me.  A couple of times I got a timeout
error, but since fixed that.  Then I noticed that it seems to be bogging
out on the same file (clip below):

        downloading scheme_labels.hlp
        downloading scheme_legends.hlp
        downloading scheme_line_plots.hlp
server refused request to send
r(676);

.

I then spit the update procedure and got the executable done ok, but the
ado updates still bog out and give me the same message as above.  Any
suggestions on how to get around the problem with this particular file
since it stalls the whole ado update?  I've tried the option "nostop,"
but this doesn't work with the update commands apparently, so I am not
sure how to proceed at this point.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Barbara Hamilton