RE: st: _tabi, exact_ gives obviously wrong P-value

Subject   RE: st: _tabi, exact_ gives obviously wrong P-value
Date   Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:11:57 -0500

At 01:59 PM 12/22/2004 -0500, Elizabeth Allred wrote:
More fuel for the fire... As you can see, I'm lazy. BUT, I have the
newer version of tabi (Marcello has the older one) but an older Stata
executable than Tom. My combination gives the right answer.
It looks like the change in the algorithm occurred with the Oct. 6, 2004 executable. So, if you have an earlier version, I guess you will get the right results, but it may take forever to get them depending on the problem. As was noted in messages a few months ago, the improvement in speed is dramatic.

You probably don't need Fisher's exact for a problem like this though!

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]