st: RE: Double loops

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Double loops
Date   Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:55:58 -0000

You are attempting the impossible with your code, I
believe. You just can't pack that kind of stuff
into a -for-. I don't see why a double -foreach-
shouldn't work.

foreach x in var1 var2 var3 var4 {
	foreach y in var var5 var6 {
		 quietly tab `x' `y', all
		 if r(p) < 0.05 {
			display "Significant at the 5% level: `x' `y' p=" r(p) " / " r(p_lr)
		 }
	}
}

-for- is history. -foreach- and -forvalues- are
the future! (NJC Problems with lists Stata Journal
3(2):185--202 (2003))

Jonas Dahlqvist