RE: st: RE: Re: xtsum and reporting

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Re: xtsum and reporting
Date   Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:00:04 -0000

"The traditional mathematics professor of the popular legend
is absentminded. He usually appears in public with a lost umbrella
in each hand. He prefers to face a blackboard and to turn his back on
the class. He writes a, he says b, he means c, but it should be d.
Some of his sayings are handed down from generation to generation.

In order to solve this differential equation you look at it till a solution occurs to you.

This principle is so perfectly general that no particular application of it is possible.

Geometry is the science of correct reasoning on incorrect figures.

My method to overcome a difficulty is to go round it." (G. P\'olya)

The last is relevant here: This problem can be avoided by a
prior call to -egen, group()-.

Edwin Leuven