st: GLLAMM multilevel modeling questions

From   Dari Sylvester <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: GLLAMM multilevel modeling questions
Date   Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:27:00 -0800 (PST)

Last week I had posed a question about the gllamm
model I am running.  Pertinent facts from that email
follow:

----------------------------------
> > Volun = DV; schmooz - marital = explanatory vars;
> > respno (respondent's id number), friend, zip are
my 3 levels.

Today's Questions:
1. When that model finally converged, gllamm had
interpreted my model to have FOUR levels.  If I
eliminate the "respno" first level from the actual
command in an attempt to specify a three level model,
how does gllamm know that my first level is at the
individual respondent level?
2. If my DV is dichotomous, is there any additional
information I need to include in the above command?
3. When employing the -estsave- ado, how/when do I run
that - just as a separate command after my model
converges, I assume?

Thanks for your continued insight!

Dari

=====

Dari Elise Sylvester

Doctoral Candidate

Department of Political Science, Stony Brook University