st: RE : Re: Levin-Lin-Chu

From   "Naceur Khraief" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE : Re: Levin-Lin-Chu
Date   Sun, 28 Nov 2004 12:12:40 -0500

Dear Kit

I have a Panel like this form

lnq = a_1 + a_2.lnQ + a_3.lnREus + a_3.lnREjp + a_4.lnREmq + a_4.lnREsk + a_5.lnREhk  +     a_6.lnREau + u

lnq: canada exported quantity  ( dependent variable)
lnQ, lnREus, lnREjp, lnREmq, lnREsk, lnREhk, lnREau are respectively the canada capacity constraint and the real exchange rate between canada and USA, Japon, Mexico, South-Korea, Hong-Kong and Australia (independent variables).
At the begining I have a Panel and I want to identify each unit's time series, in order to achieve this goal, having the result of  tsset country datevar to define both a panel variable and a time variable.
I tested lnq variable  Ihave this result (there is no problem):

levinlin lnq, lag(0)

Levin-Lin-Chu test for lnq        Deterministics chosen: constant
Pooled ADF test, N,T = (6,191)    Obs = 1140
Augmented by 0 lags (average)     Truncation: 18 lags
coefficient         t-value        t-star            P > t
 -0.19554      -11.273      -9.85790      0.0000

But When I tested lnQ, I had this results:

levinlin lnQ, lag(0)
Levin-Lin-Chu test for lnQ        Deterministics chosen: constant
no observations
r(2000);

In the end the tsset of this variable give this resuts:

tsset lnQ
time variable must contain only integer values
r(451);

Kit I want to thank you for the help.
Naceur