Re: st: RE: impute: too many variables specified

From   chris wallace <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: impute: too many variables specified
Date   Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:28:04 +0000

Quoting Michael Ingre <[email protected]>:

> You might want to try multiple imputation (MI) instead. MI has better
> statistical properties than "single" imputation because it recognises
> the uncertainty in the imputed values by making multiple imputations in
> multiple datasets. After imputation you have to run your analyses on
> each of the datasets and combine the result into a single estimate.

Thank you.  One reason I'd rather not resort to MI is that I already need to use
permutation to determine p-values, and doing this for multiply imputed datasets
would be time consuming.  Also I am planning to use a score test, and my
understanding is that score tests of null hypotheses are unbiased even when the
uncertainty in the singly imputed values is ignored.  I don't recall the
reference for this though - perhaps I've misunderstood?

Chris.