st: RE: oblong correlation matrices

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: oblong correlation matrices
Date   Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:31:56 -0000

Following Kit's comment,

I confirm, as the author, that -cpcorr- was written deliberately
in this way. At the time of writing, I really wanted to put the onus
on the user to hack -cpcorr- towards what they wanted if they didn't
like that decision.

I don't have plans to add this option. A positive reason for
that is that my -makematrix- already provides the same flexibility.
The syntax is likely to seem rather complicated, but that's because
the program is much more ambitious.

Naturally, anyone is free to clone -cpcorr- and modify to taste.
The Statalist FAQ suggests appropriate etiquette for such
rewriting.

Kit Baum