Re: st: transferring data from SPSS to STATA

From   Dirk Enzmann <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: transferring data from SPSS to STATA
Date   Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:53:50 +0100

If you have access to SPSS one possibility is to try the SPSS script "spss2stata.sbs"

see: http://www2.jura.uni-hamburg.de/instkrim/kriminologie/Mitarbeiter/Enzmann/Software/Enzmann_Software.html
Enzmann_Software

The script will generate a Stata .do-file. If you know how the variables are defined in SPSS you can use it to locate your problem. However, it may well be that the .do file runs without problems (in that case the problem has something to do with how StatTransfer interprets the SPSS file).

I would be interested to know whether this helps to solve your problem.

Dirk