Re: st: Question for Statalist

Subject   Re: st: Question for Statalist
Date   Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:21:27 -0500

At 06:27 PM 11/9/2004 -0500, Zoogah, Baniyelme David wrote:
Dear Stata users,
I am a neophyte to stata. So, I need help with two commands:
1) ORDERED PROBIT command. My dependent variable is ordered from 1 to 5. I want to regress it on some categorical (some binary, others multinomial) and continuous explanatory variables.
2) MULTINOMIAL LOGIT command. My dependent variable is unordered (1 - 6). I want to regress it on some categorical (some binary, others multinomial) and continuous explanatory variables.
I would appreciate some not some help. Specifically, a command I could just insert in Stata, change the variable names, and booom get output.
First off, you can always use the online help for -oprobit- and -mlogit-.

Examples of the -ologit- and -mlogit- commands can be found at

http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/stats2/l91.pdf

See especially p. 10 and pages 15-16. Other "Stata highlights" can be found at

http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/stats1/StataHighlights.html

Stata Corp's "Resources for Learning Stata" can be found at

http://www.stata.com/links/resources1.html

A good intro book is Hamilton's Statistics with Stata:

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/sws.html

A very good book more specific to your topic by Long and Freese, "Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables Using Stata, Revised Edition":

http://www.stata.com/bookstore/regmodcdvs.html

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227