Re: st: graphs linear regressions with dummies

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: graphs linear regressions with dummies
Date   Tue, 09 Nov 2004 08:58:42 -0600

One way would be to replace dummy values before the fitted values are generated.

Here is an example of generating fitted values for different values of foreign:

sysuse auto,clear
reg price mpg fore
replace fore = 1 if fore == 0
predict fit_foreign
label var fit_fore "Foreign"
replace fore = 0 if fore == 1
predict fit_domestic
label var fit_dom "Domestic"
twoway (line fit_foreign mpg, clcolor(blue) clwidth(medium) ytitle(Predicted Price)) ///
(line fit_domestic mpg, clcolor(green) clwidth(medium))

Hope this helps,
Scott