Re: st: RE: File transfer

From   Alejandro Delafuente <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: File transfer
Date   Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:17:34 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks Nick, here is more information. The SPSS file has around 137 thousand
cases. Most of the variables are numerical, and a few string variables. The
transfer process stops at around 66 thousand cases. I am doing the transfer
with StatTransfer from SPSS format to STATA standard version 8.0
Alex
In message <7C950A13565D9D428DA3E0F832D8A70BEFC10A@GEOGMAIL.geog.ad.dur.ac.uk>
[email protected] writes:
> I think you need to say more about the SPPS (SPSS?)
> file, and how you are transferring it, and with what software.
> Are you issuing Stata commands? If so, what are they?
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Alejandro Delafuente
>
> > I am glad to join the group although my knowledge of STATA is rather
> > precarious. My question is the following: While transfering a
> > file from SPPS
> > format to STATA half-way through the process the screen
> > displays me the
> > following "Invalid floating point operation". Any thoughts on
> > how can I get around this?

Alejandro de la Fuente
QEH/Department of International Development
Oxford University