Re: st: heckman like model with panel data (Not heckman, cluster)

Subject   Re: st: heckman like model with panel data (Not heckman, cluster)
Date   Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:54:20 -0500

I don't think that what you want is feasible. To my knowledge (based
on stuff like Wooldridge's black book), fixed effect probit cannot be
estimated, as there is no way to condition on the panel level error
term; and probit is in general a part of -heckman-. So I would be
surprised if there was any way to do fixed effect Heckman model.

-gllamm- should be able estimate a random effects model instead, but
you would need to put some effort into the data management, and
convincing -gllamm- that a missing RHS variable is a valid outcome,
since the missing values are, by default, dropped by -ml-. -heckman-
was programmed specifically to handle that as an exception, but I am
not sure there is an easy way to let -gllamm- know how to handle the
missing values.

Stas

--
Stas Kolenikov