Re: st: RE: Problems to retrieve poverty lines after povdeco (+ some questions). (Q1)

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Problems to retrieve poverty lines after povdeco (+ some questions). (Q1)
Date   Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:16:30 -0500

Thanks Nick for this quick response.
I build on it to create a command.
My goals is to compute poverty rates and use
them later in other calculus (growth and sectoral
decompositions).

But I now encounter a problem with syntax command.

My do file is:

global po "[aw=hhweight]"
_pctile assetsp2002 $po if year == 02, nq(10)    /*Asset index*/
global povline02 = r(r6)

cap prog drop difgt2
prog difgt2
set more 1
version 8.2
syntax varlist(min=1) [if] [in] [aweight fweight pweight iweight] [, ///
INCvar(string) YEARvar(string) YEARVal(integer) PL(numeric 0) ]
tokenize `varlist'
marksample touse
tempvar P0 P1 P2
while "`1'"~="" {
       g `P0'=.
       g `P1'=.
       g `P2'=.
       levels `1', local(R)
       qui foreach r of local R {
                                 povdeco `incvar' `weight' if `touse' &
`yearvar'==`yearval' & `1'==`r', pl(`pl')
                                 replace P0 = $S_FGT0
                                 replace P1 = $S_FGT1
                                 replace P2 = $S_FGT2
                                 global P0_`yearval'_`1'_`r' = $S_FGT0
                                 global P1_`yearval'_`1'_`r' = $S_FGT1
                                 global P2_`yearval'_`1'_`r' = $S_FGT2
                                 di $P0_`yearval'_`1'_`r'
/*Since  $S_FGT0 is common, save it in other macro*/
                                 di $P1_`yearval'_`1'_`r'
                                 di $P2_`yearval'_`1'_`r'
       }
       tabdisp `1' `weight', c(P0 P1 P2)
       drop P0 P1 P2
 mac shift
}
end

When I launch, I get:

. difgt2 agegrp $po, inc(assetsp2002) year(year) yearv(02) pl($povline02)
----------------------------------------------------------------- begin difgt2
---
- set more 1
- version 8.2
- syntax varlist(min=1) [if] [in] [aweight fweight pweight iweight] [,
INCvar(stri
> ng) YEARvar(string) YEARVal(integer) PL(numeric 0) ]
invalid syntax
------------------------------------------------------------------- end difgt2
---
r(197);

When I try "args" instead of "syntax", it returns :
P0_02_agegrp _1 invalid name

Any help on this?

                      "Nick Cox"
                      <[email protected]>           To:       <[email protected]>
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      owner-statalist@hsphsun2.        Subject:  st: RE: Problems to retrieve poverty lines
                      harvard.edu                       after povdeco (+ some    questions). (Q1)

                      11/04/2004 10:48 AM
                      Please respond to
                      statalist

Use -foreach- with -levels-. More generally,
see

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/foreach.html

gen P0 = .
gen P1 = .
gen P2 = .
levels region, local(R)

qui foreach r of local R {
             povdeco pcexp [aw=wei] if region==`r', pl(20000)
             replace P0 = $FGT0 if region == `r'
}

tabdisp region, c(P0 P1 P2)