st: Re: R�p. : st: RE: Bug in star display (t value in regression coefficients)?

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: R�p. : st: RE: Bug in star display (t value in regression coefficients)?
Date   Thu, 04 Nov 2004 07:18:49 -0600

The critical value for t-statistic will depend on the degrees of freedom.

For example, in:

. sysuse auto

. keep in 1/5

. reg price mpg

the t-stat on mpg is 3.01 but it is not statistically significiant at the
5% level because the critical value (with 3 df) is 3.182.

I would suspect your df is less than 40.

Hope this helps,
Scott