RE: st: STATA Wish List

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: STATA Wish List
Date   Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:30:32 +0100

As so often, I am struck by how far Stata
already offers tools useful for the job,
although also embarrassed by how slow I
can be sometimes in seeing that Stata
provides all that I need.

As one example of what I see as a similar problem,
I maintain a Stata data file which contains a list
of Stata packages I have put in the public domain.
Then various standard commands, including -list-
and -edit-, are quite enough for managing that
little data base.

An alternative for many projects would to maintain
information in a list of characteristics.

Ron�n Conroy