st: Adjusting a chi square test of association for age

From   Ilesh Patel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Adjusting a chi square test of association for age
Date   Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:29:24 -0400

Hello.

My outcome variable y is not normally distributed and is categorical. One of
the independent variables I am looking at is also categorical. I am using
the chi square test to look at the association between the two. How do I
adjust this chi square test for age in stata?

To date I have used:

tab x y, chi2

Thank you in advance.

Ilesh