st: Stata and OpenMosix

From   Henrik Stovring <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata and OpenMosix
Date   Tue, 5 Oct 2004 21:17:04 +0200 (CEST)

Dear all,

We are currently experimenting with running Stata on a OpenMosix cluster
of Linux machines (Suse 9.0). Our cluster seems to be running fine, and
other processes execute and migrate just fine. When however we try to run
the really interesting application, ie. Stata :-) from within a
ssh-session, the sshd daemon crashes inrecoverably.

Have any one out there had useful experiences which would be of use to us?
Or has somebody at Stata Corp. knowledge about why a Stata job might not
migrate as other processes? Does a network license of Stata for Linux not
allow running it on a OpenMosix cluster?

Best,

Henrik

Henrik St�vring, PhD

Research Unit of General Practice