Re: st: Obtaining scores after clogit

From   Karyen Chu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Obtaining scores after clogit
Date   Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:39:36 -0700

Thank you very much to both Bobby Gutierrez and Joseph Coveney for your helpful suggestions.

I have run Bobby Gutierrez's clogit_score on a small sample of my data and it does exactly what I need.

Thank you again

Karyen

At 11:38 AM 7/28/2004 -0500, you wrote:

Karyen Chu <[email protected]> asked:

> I have run a McFadden's choice model using clogit and cannot find any method
> for obtaining the score matrix since clogit is one of the commands without
> the score( ) option.

> I have consulted section 23.15 "Obtaining Scores" in the user manual and
> looked at and tried the commands estimates and ereturn. So far, nothing has
> worked.

> I need the scores to perform a score test because the McFadden's Choice
> model that I have estimated is actually the constrained form of a more
> complicated model and I am trying to test the constraints using a score test
> since the unconstrained model will be a bear to estimate.

Joseph Coveney <[email protected]> replied:

> Jeroen Weesie wrote a conditional logistic regression command, -clogit2-,
> that provides scores in order to work with his -suest-, which requires
> scores from the estimation commands.

From looking at -clogit2-, it appears to work only with one-success-per-group
estimation, which may be fine since Karen is fitting a choice model.

To obtain scores in the more general case, take a look at my -clogit_score-
command.

. net from http://www.stata.com/users/rgutierrez

--Bobby
* For searches and help try: