Re: st: how to transfer stata to new machine

From   Toyoto Iwata <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to transfer stata to new machine
Date   Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:07:07 +0900

Dear listers,

At 18:36 04/07/21 -0400, David Kantor wrote:
> To Toshinari:
>
> I'm no expert, but I expect that you need to install Stata on the new
> machine. Then, transfer any ado programs you have to the new machine, as
> well as a profile.do, if you have one.  Also, downloaded programs (from
> SSC) may need to be re-downloaded; they may have already come along with
> your ado files.
>
> Other features such as windowing preferences and items that you set
> permanently (such as logtype) you probably have to set manually.
>
> -- David
>
> At 07:10 AM 7/22/2004 +0900, Toshinari Kamakura wrote:
> >I bought new Apple powerbook recently. I want to know how to
> >transfer the stata pplication program to this new machine. Is it
> >possible to move all including the stata environments to new one?
> >Or do I have to run install program from the beginning?
> >[...]

I remember to hear in this list that Stata does not touch
registry or something, and that you can copy the directories
you need to work for the other machine. In my situation,

. sysdir
   STATA:  C:\STATA8\
 UPDATES:  C:\STATA8\ado\updates\
    BASE:  C:\STATA8\ado\base\
    SITE:  C:\STATA8\ado\site\
    PLUS:  c:\ado\stbplus\
PERSONAL:  c:\ado\personal\
OLDPLACE:  c:\ado\

so, I should copy \STATA8 and \ado with their contents,
and all, I suppose... But I have no experiance with this.

(I will be out to trip and want to appology in advance
about this irresponsible mail.)

Toyoto