st: Direct standardization of means

From   Isabelle Peytremann Bridevaux <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Direct standardization of means
Date   Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:53:55 +0200

Hello,

I have individual level data and would like to use direct standardization (dstdize command) to adjust means (values from 0 to max) for age (categorical) and sex (0/1).
However, it is not possible to do this because it seems that problems arise when the program tries to calculate the standard errors (= our supposition).

A way to go aroung this is to increase the population generated (instead of gen pop=1, use gen pop=100, for example) and then multiply the "adjusted rate and CI" by that population (by 100 in our example) to get the values needed...

Does another solution exist (rather than using this "trick")?

Thank you very much