RE: st: save the value of a string variable into a macro

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: save the value of a string variable into a macro
Date   Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:15:00 +0100

If I understand this correctly, you want something
like this:

. su depcom if nomcom == "Acheres", meanonly
. local mymacro  "`r(min)'"

That is, if only one observation is for the commune
of Acheres, then -depcom- for that observation
will be the minimum (and also the maximum,
and the mean) of -depcom- with the -if- condition.

This assumes that -depcom- is numeric.

At worst, -depcom- is string. Then you must do
something like this:

gen long ordre = _n

su ordre if nomcom == "Acheres", meanonly
local mymacro "`= depcom[`r(min)']'"

Jean-Benoit Hardouin