RE: st: -examples- downloadable from SSC

From   Roger Harbord <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: -examples- downloadable from SSC
Date   Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:56:42 +0100

Thanks for writing this Nick - a very good idea. I'll include it in our next Introduction to Stata course - i'm sure the students will like it.

One thing: I get an error if i type :

. examples log()

invalid 'Files'
r(198);

- although :

. wexamples log()

- works fine.

I can fix it by changing the line :

type `r(fn)', smcl

- in the "special code for e.g. -examples log()- " bit of examples.ado to :

type `"`r(fn)'"', smcl

(i know it wouldn't happen if i didn't have Stata installed in "C:\Program Files..." i.e. a path with a space in it but there's not a lot i can do myself about that.)

Roger.
Roger Harbord mailto:[email protected]
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol