Announcing Sasst: SAS-to-Stata translation

From   David Kantor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Announcing Sasst: SAS-to-Stata translation
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:12:53 -0400

Announcing Sasst.

I would like to make available to all Stata users a program I have developed for translating certain kinds of SAS code into Stata dictionaries. This is for those occasions where you are given raw data plus a SAS program to read it. But, being a Stata user, you need the equivalent Stata dictionary.

The program is named Sasst, and is an exe file that runs under Windows (from the command prompt).

The program has, naturally, some limitations, both in terms of what can be translated and what features I have been able, to date, to accommodate, but I hope that it will be usable in most circumstances. I am interested in finding out whether other users will find it useful.

Please write to me directly, at [email protected] if you are interested in obtaining this. I will provide you with the exe file plus documentation (a text file). The sizes are approximately...
sasst.exe 80k
sasst.txt 60k

For those who may be concerned, I have scanned them with the latest Norton Antivirus software.

Thanks for your attention.
I look forward to hearing from some of you.
--David K.

David Kantor
Institute for Policy Studies
Johns Hopkins University