Re: st: Accessing many estimation results

From   Michael Ingre <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Accessing many estimation results
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:05:10 +0200

Good to se that your update finally worked.

> esample() invalid
>
> r(221);

I have encountered the same problem when I mereged dataset together with results saved in other datasets. I guess it would be a valid error message if observations were droped or added but that was not the case for me. I finally got it to work by doing the following before merging another dataset.

. estsave , from(recently_merged_result)
. drop recently_merged_result
. estsave , gen(recently_merged_result)

As for your other problem, you might want to try a Nick Cox program that have great potential -makematrix- (haven't used it for some time though). This program creates and displays a matrix with reults of your choice from several runs. I don't have access to Stata right now so I cant give you more details.

. ssc install makematrix

Michael