AW: Re: st: Novel feature of -shell- under Windows

From   "Christian Holz" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   AW: Re: st: Novel feature of -shell- under Windows
Date   Tue, 13 Jul 2004 11:01:59 +0200

Dear Roger,

another workaround (which may also be used within do files) is

cd "C:\Program Files\StatTransfer7\";
shell st /o /y auto.dta "my auto.xls";

This avoids the necessity of using quotes for the DOS command name.
You should also consider (which is the way, I decided to use) to copy all
basic StatTransfer files into your working directory do use the above shell
command without the prior change directory.
The necessary StatTransfer files are:

- LICENSE.DAT
- st.exe
- stadev32.dll
- statrn32.dll
- stutil.dll

Kind regards,

Christian Holz
Research Analyst        | HBS Consulting GmbH
tel: +49 341 215 4549   | Tomasiusstrasse 2, D-04109 Leipzig, Germany
fax: +49 341 215 4521   | www.hbs-consulting.com
cell +49 172 792 3672   | [email protected]