Re: st: Cox-Model - Predicted time of failure

From   Philip Ryan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Cox-Model - Predicted time of failure
Date   Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:54:32 +0930

Quoting Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>:

> This method is fine as far as it goes, but it does have a negative bias.
>   One, ad hoc, way to compensate for the bias is to add an exponential
> tail to the survival curve after the last censored observation.  The
> area under this addition to the curve can be evaluated theoretically and
> thus tacked on to the area calculated by May.  This estimator appears in
> a number of places.  Do not ask me for statistical properties of this
> estimator.
>
> Just a suggestion.

The Stata command -stci- would be of use here.

Phil

--
Philip Ryan
Associate Professor

University of Adelaide
5005 South Australia
AUSTRALIA
CRICOS Provider Number 00123M
copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is