Re: st: Legend with overlaid twoway

From   Ulrich Kohler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Legend with overlaid twoway
Date   Fri, 9 Jul 2004 13:04:44 +0200

I just wrote, in answer ot Naji Nassar (MIReS)

>     ...  For a reason, which I do not understand, legend-options which
> changes the contents of the legend has to be placed outside of by(), while
> options which changes the position of the legend has to be placed inside
> by().

However the online help is quite clear about that. I just said -whelp
by_option-, right clicked on the viewer to search for "legend", which brings
up:

--------------------
In any case, it is the overall legend() that we want to suppress and that is
why we must specify legend(off) inside the by() option; this is the same
issue as the one discussed under Treatment of titles above.

The issue becomes a little more complicated when, rather than suppressing the
legend, we wish to modify the legend's contents or position.  In that case,
the legend() option to modify contents is specified outside the by() and the
legend() option to modify location is specified inside.  See Use of legends
with by in help legend_option.

regards
uli

+49 (030) 25491-361