Re: st: RE: cut and paste spouse's income

From   Ada Ma <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: cut and paste spouse's income
Date   Sun, 04 Jul 2004 22:39:13 +0100

Thanks to Nick and Scott Merryman for their answers.

I haven't tried Scott's solution - I only found his answer today so I'm going to give it a go. To single other kind of relationships I find Example 6 from Nick's FAQ particular helpful.

For the record the data set I'm dealing with (Labour Force Survey) has household and personal identifiers. The relationship is specified by HALF a relationship matrix, only the lower left triangle but not the upper right triangle as some relationships are not symmetric.

Cheers,
Ada

Nick Cox wrote:

This was answered. However, for future reference note also an FAQ in this territory:
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/members.html

Nick [email protected]
Ada Ma wrote:

I have a data set where I observe the relationship between people within a household and their income. I want to create a variable which carries the value of the spouse's income.