RE: st: RE: Post estimation

From   "joe J." <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: Post estimation
Date   Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:48:05 +0000

Scott Merryman wrote
You might try -lincom-.

Thanks Scott for your suggestion.

I tried it but get the following error message after lncom command.

"additive constant terms not allowed".

I m actually trying to do the Engle &Yoo 3 step cointegration estimation. The two equations I talked about are the first and the third of these steps. They are the following

1.qui reg lnql lnl lnkl lnrdf lnhrd lnfo i2-i19

local a = _b[lnl]

2.qui reg lnqld lnld lnkld lnrdfd lnhrdd lnfod res1L , nocon

*variables are in first difference & res1L is lagged residual from eqn 1.

3.qui reg res2 lnlLb lnklLb lnrdfLb lnhrdLb lnfoLb i2-i19

*res2 is residual from eqn2, and independent variables are lagged & multiplied by the coef of res1L

lincom lnlLb + `a'

additive constant terms not allowed (error message)

Thanks,

Joe

Get FREE unlimited Citibank ATM transactions! http://go.msnserver.com/IN/52040.asp Discover real-value banking here.

*