st: RE: Re: RE: Chow test in panel data

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: RE: Chow test in panel data
Date   Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:00:43 -0500

Andrea,

Does the panel data structure matter when testing if the coefficients from
group A = coefficients from Group B?

I believe the following tests whether the pre-war years, war years, and
post-war years coefficients are the same:

webuse grunfeld, clear
mark prewar_years if year < 1939
mark war_years if year > 1938 & year <1946

foreach var of varlist mvalue kstock{
  gen pre_`var' = prewar_years*`var'
  }

foreach var of varlist mvalue kstock{
  gen war_`var' = war_years*`var'
  }

xtreg invest mvalue kstock pre* war* , fe
testparm pre* war*

Scott