st: RE: Estimating sqreg without a constant

From   "Scott Merryman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Estimating sqreg without a constant
Date   Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:03:22 -0500

Puja,

Could you not add the value of the constant to the estimated dummy variables
(where the dropped dummy variable takes on the value of the constant)?

For example, the following creates a new variable of the fixed-effect for
each company:

use http://www.stata-press.com/data/r8/grunfeld.dta
xi  i.com
qui qreg invest mvalue kstock _I*,
gen fe = .
forv i =  1/10 {
     qui replace fe = _b[_Icompany_`i'] + _b[_cons] if company == `i'
     *local j = `j' +1
}
replace fe =_b[_cons] if company == 1

tabdisp company, c(fe)