st: RE: Varying survival distributions & interval censoring (2)

From   "Stephen P Jenkins" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Varying survival distributions & interval censoring (2)
Date   Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:04:18 +0100

If I understand you correctly, you won't be able to use -streg-. You
will have to program yourself, using -ml-, where the sample
log-likelihood expression will include a number of different components
corresponding to each of (i)-(iii) above. [The text by Klein and
Moeschberger, /Survival Analysis/ has a taxonomy of different likelihood
contribution types for the different types of spell that you mention.]
At the stage at which you characterise the contributions, you will have
to also decide which failure time distribution to assume.

Stephen
Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <[email protected]>
Institute for Social and Economic Research
University of Essex, Colchester CO4 3SQ, U.K.
Tel: +44 1206 873374.  Fax: +44 1206 873151.
http://www.iser.essex.ac.uk