Re: st: RE: Re: egen and computing fixed effects

From   "Tim R. Sass" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Re: egen and computing fixed effects
Date   Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:20:03 -0400

That's the ticket.  If I just run egen for observation where nmiss is zero, ie

. bysort student:egen chgschl_m3 = mean(chgschl) if nmiss==0;

I get consistent results between areg and my "manual" fixed effects estimates.

Many thanks to Nick, Mark and Michael for your help.

Tim