Re: st: -xtline- and -recast()-

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -xtline- and -recast()-
Date   Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:04:37 -0500

[email protected] found a discrepancy between -xtline- and its documentation:

> I am probably missing something, but
>
>  sysuse xtline1
>  tsset person day
>  xtline calories, recast(scatter)
>
> does not work. It gives the error "option recast() not allowed". From the
> help file, though, I got the impression that the option was allowed:
>
>       "See the recast() option discussed in help advanced_options for
> information on
>       how to plot spikes, bars, etc., instead of lines."
>
> In my application, the line is rather confusing, so I would really like to
> change it to something else. I am using an up-to-date Stata v. 8.2.
> Any pointers are appreciated.

We always intended the -recast()- option to work.  This feature should be
available in the next ado-file update.

--Jeff