st: RE: blabels in stacked bar-graph

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: blabels in stacked bar-graph
Date   Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:19:58 +0100

I don't know a way to do this. A different kind
of answer, which possibly you don't want, is
to change to a different graph type, for it's the
stacking of small and large bars that is causing
the difficulty. For example, with the auto data, I can go

tabplot foreign mpg, percent(foreign)

bysort foreign rep78 : gen freq = _N

bysort foreign : gen base = _N

gen percent = round(100 * freq / base)

gen foreign2 = 1.95 - foreign

tabplot foreign rep78 , percent(foreign)  scheme(lean1) plot(scatter foreign2
	rep78, ms(none) mlabel(percent) mlabpos(0))

The 1.95 here is not general. A more general rule
would be #categories - 0.05. (In -foreign-, 2 categories.)

I guess your underlying problem has the structure of

	vgrup X v2

and the -vgrup?- are just a set of dummies.

So your recipe could be something like this.

-tabplot- is on SSC. There is a discussion in Stata Journal
4(2):

Jette Schroeder