st: Varying survival distributions & interval censoring

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Varying survival distributions & interval censoring
Date   Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:11:06 +0200

Dear Stata-listers,

I wish to be able to benefit from the functionality of the "streg" setting
where one can specify the failure event (and time) whilst varying the option
"distribution()" between the six parametric distributions available
(exponential, weibull, gamma, lognormal, loglogistic and gompertz).

But what I have in interval-censored data survival times (as applicable with
"intreg" and "xtintreg").

I colleague of mine advised me that the procedure PROC LIFEREG in SAS
perhaps serves that purpose.

I would very much appreciate any helpful ideas or pointers to the
literature.

Best regards,

Amani