Re: st: RE: Winexec does not understand compound quotes

From   "Renzo Comolli" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Winexec does not understand compound quotes
Date   Sun, 13 Jun 2004 13:42:16 -0400

>>so what are you missing?
Nothing.
That's why my post made no requests and no suggestions/wishes.
I am just pointing it out for other users who might be puzzled.

Renzo

----
*From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Winexec does not understand compound quotes
Date   Sun, 13 Jun 2004 17:57:22 +0100

----

As I understand it, -winexec- passes its arguments to the OS,
Windows whatever. There is no reason to expect Windows
to understand `"  "' which I believe to be a Stata
peculiarity. But then in your example the `" "'
are not necessary, so what are you missing?

Renzo Comolli