From: Quentin McMullen ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Suggestions made at SUGI
Newsgroups: comp.soft-sys.sas
Date: 2004-06-04 06:15:03 PST

I agree completely with your suggestion, Jack.

I've seen folks get horribly burned by tabulate.  If a table has multiple
class variables, e.g  (table race haircolor eyecolor, gender), tabulate
happily excludes the entire record from the table if just one class
variable is missing.  Seems sinful to me.  A system option would make me
much happier than having to remember to add "missing" to every proc
tabulate....  Or like you say, at least have a NOTE: I could catch.
Basically in the tabulate setting, it's equivalent to the NOTE that
says "The graph printed excludes data that was outside of the defined
axes."

Kind Regards,
--Quentin