st: RE: Help making graph: connecting pre- and post- for 22 individuals

From   "Bryan W. Griffin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Help making graph: connecting pre- and post- for 22 individuals
Date   Sat, 05 Jun 2004 18:57:16 -0400

Hi Erik --

I'm interested in something like this too for plotting cell means after ANOVA. Here is one way to accomplish the task:

Reorganize data such as this (to keep this simple I used data from only the first 3 of your 22 students):

student score time
1 4.5 1
1 5.25 2
2 3.5 1
2 5.25 2
3 7.5 1
3 7.5 2

Student 1 has scores of 4.5 and 5.25 on occasion 1 and 2, student 2 has 3.5 and 5.25 on time 1 and 2, etc.

. twoway (connected score time if student==1) (connected score time if student==2) (connected score time if student==3)

This command will give you the graph desired. The only problem I have is with the x-axis. I want only time 1 and 2 showing on the axis, but the graph provides points between 1 and 2, such as 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, and 1.8 and I could not figure how to suppress those numbers. For those knowledgeable with graphing, how does one suppress these numbers between 1 and 2?