Re: st: Recode error

Subject   Re: st: Recode error
Date   Fri, 28 May 2004 14:17:40 -0500

At 01:45 PM 5/28/2004 -0400, Michael Malette wrote:
The following recode worked fine until I updated the executable and ado
files to May 18, 2004. I now get the following errors for the code:
The recode command was recently rewritten. However, I just created some fake data and both of your recodes worked fine for me.

Are you sure you updated both the executable and the ado files? Sometimes people think they have updated and they really haven't, e.g. they overlook the "update swap" command at the end. From within Stata, type -about- and see if your version was born on May 18, 2004. Try -update all- again just to be safe.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/