st: Posting

From   Marcello Pagano <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Posting
Date   Fri, 28 May 2004 13:18:34 -0400

Dear Listers,

I guess we all hate to read instructions; it is quite unmanly or unwomanly to do so, I guess. But sometimes instructions are useful, necessary and impossible to figure out without reading the dreaded "manual". A case in point is how to post messages to Statalist. Please go to the Statalist FAQ (it took many hours to write this elegantly written document precisely to answer recurring questions),

http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq/#toask

and pay special attention to Section 2.2, especially point 4:

We ask you not to post formatted messages or attachments. In fact, Statalist software may trap these formatted messages or attachments without sending an error message to you. Please make sure that your mailer is set to "Plain Text" for outgoing messages (or the equivalent for your mailer); that is, do not send HTML, Rich Text, VCards, winmail.dat files, other attachments, or anything other than Plain Text.

If you abide by this advice, it will save me many hours of responding to a number of you who have trouble posting, as much as I enjoy conversing with you.

Have a nice weekend,

m.p.

Marcello Pagano
Biostatistics Department Tel: 1-617-432-4911
Harvard School of Public Health Fax: 1-617-739-1781
655 Huntington Avenue email:[email protected]
Boston, MA 02115 http://biosun1.harvard.edu/~bio200
USA

eppur si muove

*